- Break the chocolate into chunks and put into a heatproof dish.
- Place the dish over a pan of hot simmering water and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Take the bowl off the pan; be careful because the bowl will be hot.
- Stir into the melted chocolate the butter, double cream and almond meal.
- Put the bowl in the fridge to chill for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile put the hot chocolate powder onto a plate ready to roll your truffles into.
- After 45 minutes remove the bowl from the fridge and leave to stand for a minute, then take a teaspoon and scoop out pieces of the chocolate mixture.
- Using your hands roll the mixture into balls.
- Add the balls to the chocolate powder and roll them around until coated.
- Chill the truffles until ready to eat.