Christmas Tarte Tatin by @pennybenjamin.nutritionist
This tomato tarte tatin ("Christmas Tarte Tatin") has all the festive colours going on! It's the perfect dish to serve up for a light Christmas morning breakfast or even an entrée for Christmas lunch. Bonus? It's SO simple to make!
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Allow pastry to thaw slightly then trim to a 24cm round.
- Place a 22cm ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add sugar and water. Stir once, then cook for 5 minutes or until sugar turns to caramel. Carefully add balsamic vinegar and stir to combine.
- Arrange tomatoes and asparagus in the caramel in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Lay pastry over and tuck edges down into pan. Cut three slits in centre of pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden. Remove from oven and stand for 5 minutes.
- Place a serving plate over pan. Hold firmly against pan and carefully flip pan over to turn tarte out.
- Serve garnished with parsley and crumbled goat’s cheese.