Mango Pistachio Pavlova Wreath Recipe
How to Make Mango Pistachio Pavlova Wreath
- Preheat oven to 150°C (or 130°C fan forced). Draw a 22cm circle on a sheet of non-stick baking paper and place – marked side down – on a large, greased baking tray.
- Lightly toast pistachios on a baking tray in the oven, for approximately 5-8 minutes (taking care not to burn). Cool pistachios and chop. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites using an electric mixer on high speed, until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar – 1 spoon at a time – whisking until meringue is thick and glossy. After the last spoon of sugar, continue to beat on high speed a further 3 minutes. Fold in the vinegar then corn flour. Fold in ½ cup of the pistachios.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the meringue on the tray using the circle as a guide. Sprinkle over half the pistachios.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes, or until the top feels crisp and dry. Turn the oven off and leave the pavlova to cool completely in the oven with the door closed.
- Just before serving, slide the pavlova wreath onto a serving plate. Swirl the cream and hazelnut spread together. Spoon over the pavlova. Cut the cheeks from the mangoes. Using a large spoon, remove the mango fruit from the cheeks and slice.
- To dress pavlova wreath, arrange mango pieces over the cream. Sprinkle with remaining pistachio and grated chocolate, if desired. Serve immedately.
Tip: Don’t want to make a wreath? Just spoon meringue on a lined baking tray. Reduce oven temperature to 120°C fan forced and bake for 1½ hours.
Recipe: Courtesy of Perfection