Roast Turkey with Pear, Pistachio and Lingonberry Stuffing Balls
- Pre heat oven 180°c (or 160°c for fan-forced oven)
- Remove turkey from fridge and placed in greased baking tray. Pat dry turkey with paper towel removing all moisture.
- Stuff the lemon and bay leaves into the turkey cavity and tie legs together with string. Cover wing tips with foil to prevent burning.
- Massage the turkey skin with butter and seasoning and place in oven for 1.5 hours.
- Brush skin with honey and cook for another 1 hour.
- Then remove foil from wings brush with honey. Place the stuffing balls around the turkey and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Pierce the turkey breast meat near the thigh to check if juices run clear. If not cook for a further 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove sausage meat from skin.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together well. Roll into small balls. Refrigerate until needed to cook.
Recipe courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen