Apple Chips and Caramel Sauce Recipe
How to Make Apple Chips with Caramel Sauce
- Wash, core and peel apples, then slice each into 8 wedges.
- Pour cream and cinnamon into a large bowl and whisk to combine, add apple wedges and let sit whilst you make your sauce.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, on low to medium heat. Once melted add brown sugar and cream, whisk continuously until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil then remove from heat to let cool.
- Place vegetable oil in a medium-size saucepan (approximately 6cm deep) and place over high heat.
- Place flour into a shallow bowl. Coat apple wedges in flour, then dip back into the cream then back into the flour to form a double coating. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar together and set aside.
- Test oil for readiness by adding a small amount of batter – if it sizzles straight away then it’s ready to use.
- Fry apple wedges in small batches until golden brown, remove using a slotted spoon and place on paper towel. Whilst still hot, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Serve with caramel sauce. If you have any leftover sauce it can be kept in a jar in the fridge for up to a week.