Banana Bread French Toast with Caramelised Apples Recipe
How to Make Banana Bread French Toast with Caramelised Apples
- Peel and core the apples and cut into wedges. Heat the butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the apples and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until soft and golden.
- Add the sugar and cream and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring or until warm and sugar dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and cinnamon until light and fluffy.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Preparing 2 slices at a time, dip a piece of banana bread into the egg mixture, soaking for 5-10 seconds each side.
- Melt one third of the butter in the pan. Fry each slice for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining banana bread slices.
- Top with the caramelised apples and sauce. Sprinkle with flaked coconut.