Banana Cake Chocolate Truffles Recipe
How to Make Banana Cake Chocolate Truffles
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C for fan forced ovens). Grease and line 6cm deep, 10cm x 21cm (base) loaf pan, for the banana cake.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the banana then sour cream. Fold in the flour. Spoon mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, break the banana cake into pieces and place in a food processor, in batches if necessary. Pulse to fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl. Process macadamia nuts until finely chopped, stir into banana cake crumbs.
- Combine the cream and dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 1 minute bursts on High /100%, stirring with a metal spoon until melted and smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to banana cake mixture, mix until well combined. Using heaped tablespoon, roll into balls. Place onto a baking paper covered tray and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Dip cake balls one at a time into milk chocolate to coat. Place onto a lined tray.
- Decorate with your favourite toppings (example sprinkle with cachous or pear sugar). Refrigerate until set. Serve.
Tip: Truffles will keep 3 weeks in an airtight container in the fridge.
Tip: To make for kids snack, replace the macadamia nuts with finely chopped dried fruit & instead of dipping in chocolate, drizzle with a little chocolate and sprinkle with hundreds and thousands.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Australian Bananas