Banana Peanut Butter Muesli Cookies Recipe
How to Make Banana Peanut Butter Muesli Cookies
- Preheat oven 200°C (or 180°C fan-forced). Grease and line 2 large oven trays with baking paper.
- Combine butter, golden syrup and peanut butter in a medium saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until butter is melted. Bring to boil. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine muesli, flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add peanut butter mixture and banana. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon ¼ cups of mixture onto prepared trays, about 4cm apart. Flatten slightly to about 7cm round.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, swapping trays halfway, or until cookies are golden. Cool completely on trays.
- In the meantime melt the chocolate. Then take one cookie at a time, carefully dipping into melted chocolate to coat base. Return to trays, chocolate-side up, to set.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes to set.
*TIP: It is best to use slightly over-ripe bananas for the maximum flavour. We used Cavendish bananas for this recipe.
NOTE: Cookies will keep 4-5 days in an airtight container lined with foil. If the weather is warm, store cookies in the fridge.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Australian Bananas