BBQ Choc Banana Split Recipe
How to Make BBQ Choc Banana Split
- Leave the bananas unpeeled, rinse and dry them. Cut a slit down the centre of each banana from top to tip.
- Onto pieces of aluminium foil, add the bananas, skin side down and place 5-6 choc buttons onto the banana flesh. Carefully wrap the banana pieces into an aluminium foil ‘boat’, so the base and sides are a cradle for the banana pieces and the top is exposed.
- Place the bananas in foil, skin-sides down, directly onto the barbecue (or in your charcoal BBQ pit).
- Allow to cook for 15-25 minutes, depending on the heat of the BBQ and whether they are sitting directly on charcoal.
- Carefully remove from the barbecue and allow to cool slightly. Remove from the foil.
- Serve the bananas in their skins onto each plate, with 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream on the side.
- Add strawberries, blueberries and raspberries scattered around the plate.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts (optional) and also with a few baby mint leaves. Serve immediately.