Berry Custard Trifle Recipe
How to Make Berry Custard Trifle
- Make jelly according to packaging directions and refrigerate to set.
- Beat cream and icing mixture together until whipped, set aside.
- Slice madeira cake 1 cm thick.
- Set aside a small hand full of raspberries and blueberries for garnish.
To assemble trifle:
- Once jelly has set and using a 20cm glass trifle bowl, place madeira cake slices on the bottom of bowl. Pour custard over the top, layer the jelly over the top of custard, add fresh blueberries.
- Continue layering with madeira cake, custard, cream and raspberries.
- Spread remaining cream over top and garnish with raspberries, blueberries & fresh sprig of mint.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate
TIP: You'll need a trifle bowl or very large glass bowl to assemble the trifle. Or you may choose to assemble and serve into individual trifle bowls.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Virginia, ALDI Test Kitchen