Caramelised Apple, Oat and Walnut Trifles Recipe
How to Make Caramelised Apple, Oat and Walnut Trifles
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan-forced).
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place rolled oats in a medium bowl and combine with maple syrup and honey.
- Place oat mixture on tray and bake for 15 -20 minutes or until golden and crisp, stirring once.
- Place the walnuts on the other baking tray and bake for 4-5 minutes, or until crisp.
- Coarsely chop and combine with roasted oat mixture.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Place in a medium saucepan and add 1½ cups of water, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Cook over medium heat for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain off cooking liquid and mash apple with a potato masher or fork.
- Blend together with a large fork, the cream cheese, yogurt and vanilla.
- Layer the caramel sauce ice cream topping, yogurt, apple and oat mixtures in 4 serving jars or glasses.
- Top with more caramel sauce ice cream topping and the orange zest garnish.