Choc Hazelnut Semifreddo Recipe
How to Make Choc Hazelnut Semifreddo
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced). Grease and line a brownie tin with baking paper.
- Prepare and bake cake mix to packet directions. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before carefully turning out on to a wire rack. Slowly peel away baking paper, then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile make the coulis by placing raspberries, caster sugar and water in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and carefully purée with stick mixer until smooth. Using a fine strainer, strain coulis mixture into a bowl. Discard seeds. Transfer bowl of raspberry coulis to fridge and leave 1-2 hours.
- To construct the semifreddo, remove the chocolate gelato from the freezer and allow to soften slightly. Meanwhile, line a loaf tin with cling wrap, allowing extra over all sides.
- Press hazelnut gelato into bottom of loaf tin, making it as smooth and flat as possible. Cut vanilla cake to fit into loaf tin – 2cm high – and place on top of hazelnut gelato.
- Repeat with chocolate gelato and another layer of vanilla cake. Fold cling wrap to cover the semifreddo.
- Place on a baking tray in the freezer with something slightly heavy on top, to condense the semifreddo down. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove semifreddo from fridge and carefully turn upside down into a serving platter. Gently peel off cling wrap.
- Drizzle with raspberry coulis and decorate with fresh raspberries. Slice and serve immediately.
RECIPE: courtesy of Jeanette, ALDI Test Kitchen