Chocolate Dipped Fortune Cookies Recipe
How to Make Chocolate Dipped Fortune Cookies
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced). Place egg whites and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat for 2 minutes until frothy.
- Add in the butter, vanilla extract and water. Mix until fully incorporated. Add the flour and mix on low speed until the flour is just combined.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and get a muffin or cupcake tray out ready for use. Using a tablespoon, measure and working in batches of 3, dollop cookie mixture onto the baking paper. Using the back of spoon spread the mixture out into circles roughly 7cm in diameter, they will look only a few millimeters thick.
- Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes, or until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and, working quickly, fold each cookie in half to create a semicircle. Then carefully bend the side over the lip of a bowl to bend and create a fortune cookie shape.
- Place each fortune cookie gently into a muffin tray to help hold the shape whilst they continue to set. Repeat process until all the batter has been used.
- Once cookies have completely cooled, place white chocolate into a large glass or ceramic bowl and place over a pot of boiling water. The bowl should fit snuggly on top and the water shouldn’t be touching the bottom of the bowl. Stir every 30 seconds or so to ensure chocolate melts evenly.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Dip half of each cookie into the white chocolate and place onto baking trays, sprinkle with 100s and 1000s and repeat the process.
- Cookies will be ready to serve once chocolate has hardened.
TIP: Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days.