Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
How to Make Dutch Baby Pancakes with Berries and Ricotta
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan forced).
- In a blender, add 2 tablespoons of melted butter, ¾ cup ricotta, flour, eggs, caster sugar, milk and 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract. Blend until combined (about 30 seconds).
- While the pancake batter is blending, place 2 tablespoons of butter in the bottom of a 28-30cm cast iron skillet and place the skillet in the preheated oven, to melt the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, carefully remove the skillet and pour the pancake batter over the melted butter. Scatter ½ cup fresh raspberries onto the batter and bake for 20 minutes. Do not open the oven during cooking.
- While the pancake is baking, make the whipped topping by whipping the ½ cup ricotta, thickened cream and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract together using a handheld mixer, fitted with a whisk attachment. Add icing mixture to taste and whip until stiff peaks are formed.
- Remove baked pancake from oven and garnish with fresh berries and lemon zest.
- Dust with icing mixture and dollop with whipped topping.
- Serve immediately.
OPTIONAL: Drizzle with maple syrup or dollop with jam, to serve.