Earl Grey Shortbread Biscuits Recipe
How to Make Earl Grey Shortbread Biscuits
- With a pair of scissors, cut open the tea bags and empty the tea into a mixing bowl.
- Add the flours and sugar and mix well.
- Cut the butter into small chunks and add to the mix with the vanilla essence.
- With your fingertips gently rub in the butter until well mixed.
- Roll into a log about 13cm long.
- Wrap in some tin foil and put in the fridge to chill – about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 190ºC (or 170ºC for fan forced oven).
- Unwrap the foil and slice into 12 rounds.
- Put them on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the edges are slightly golden.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate and dip end of biscuit inti chocolate. allow to cool and harden.
- Serve with a cup of Earl Grey Tea.
TIP: To make these as a gift, poke a small hope through the top of your biscuit and when cool, thread with small pieces of twine with home-made labels attached. Package in a glass jar, for the perfect hand-made gift.