Funfetti Pancakes Recipe
How to Make Funfetti Pancakes
- Preheat frypan to a low heat. Make vanilla cake batter, according to packet recipe instructions.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sprinkles to the batter and mix through with a fork.
- Meanwhile, place your glass (or stainless steel) mixing bowl in the fridge to chill, then place your beaters in the freezer to get super cold, for at least 5 minutes, it will give you a better whipped cream result.
- Melt butter in your frypan to lightly grease. Using an ice cream scoop to measure one scoop of batter, place into your frypan and cook until bubbling (and golden underneath). Carefully flip over and cook the other side until golden.
- Remove from frypan and repeat this process until you have used all your batter. Set aside to cool.
- To make whipped cream: Using your chilled bowl and beaters, place cream into bowl with vanilla extract and beat with electric hand mixer. Starting at low speed and building to medium-high as it doubles in size and thickens. Add you sugar half way through mixing, careful not to overbeat the cream.
- To serve, place whipped cream in a scoop on top of your stack of Funfetti pancakes, top with sprinkles and serve with sliced strawberries.
Note: Leftover whipped cream will keep in the fridge for several days in a covered container.
Recipe: Courtesy of Tracey, ALDI Test Kitchen