Lemon Curd Tart Recipe
How to Make Lemon Curd Tart
- Preheat oven to 160° (or 140°C fan forced).
- Pastry: place flour, cornflour, sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg. Process until mixture just comes together. Remove dough and roll into a ball, then wrap in cling wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick (about 30cm round). Remove top layer of baking paper. Carefully place dough-side down into pan. Peel off baking paper. Press into pan.
- Line pastry with baking paper and fill with rice paper. Blind bake for 22 minutes, remove rice paper and bake for 6 minutes. Remove tart case from oven and allow to cool.
- Dehydrated lemons: Preheat oven to 130°C (110°C fan forced). Arrange lemon slices on a lined baking tray and bake for 1 hour, turning once halfway through. Turn oven off and let lemon slices cool to room temperature.
- Lemon curd: Cream butter, sugar and zest with electric mixer. Add eggs and mix well. Add juice and mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened (approximately 5-8 minutes). Remove from heat. Fill the tart shell with warm lemon curd and refrigerate until set.
- Meringue: Preheat oven to 100°C (or 80°C fan forced). Beat egg whites in electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Put meringue mixture into piping bag and pipe onto a lined tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn off oven, open door slightly and allow to cool in oven.
- Garnish the cooled tart with lemons and meringues.
- Serve and enjoy.
Recipe: Courtesy of Jeanette, ALDI Test Kitchen