Lemonade Scones Recipe
How to Make Lemonade Scones
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced). Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Add in double cream and pour in the can of lemonade.
- Using your fingertips, lightly combine mixture together, being careful not to over mix. Bring the mixture together into a dough.
- Place scone mixture onto a lightly floured surface. Using a scone cutter, cut out the scones.
- Lay baking paper onto a baking tray and place scones on top. Make sure they are just touching.
- Bake in oven for approximately 18-20 minutes. Once cooked, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Make sure not to over-beat.
- Serve scones with a generous smear of strawberry jam, top with whipped cream and garnish with fresh strawberries.
Tip: Scones can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe: Courtesy of Colleen, ALDI Test Kitchen