Nut Brittle Recipe
How to Make Nut Brittle
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper and lightly grease with butter.
- Place sugar into a small saucepan and add ½ cup water. Stir to combine.
- Cook over high heat without stirring until sugar begins to melt and turn golden – about 3 minutes. Use a pastry brush with a little bit of water to brush down any sugar that has stuck to the sides.
- Cook without stirring for a further 5 minutes, or until sugar has turned an amber colour.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the nuts.
- Pour onto prepared baking tray and spread out so nuts are evenly distributed.
- Place tray in the fridge to allow it to cool for 20 minutes.
- Snap and serve.