Orange Almond Syrup Cake Recipe
How to Make an Orange Almond Syrup Cake
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced). Spray a 24cm springform cake pan with canola oil and line with baking paper. Slice one orange into thin slices and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Add 4 beaten egg yolks and mix together.
- Add squeezed juice and rind of 1 orange. Sift in self raising flour and a pinch of salt. Add almond meal and milk and mix well.
- Pour into your pre-lined cake pan and add slices of orange on top of the batter, slightly overlapping until you have covered the whoel top of the cake batter. Bake for approximately 55 minutes.
- While your cake is baking, make your syrup.
- Mix the juice of 2 oranges and half a lemon and add into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. The liquid will thicken into a deliciously sweet and tangy, thick syrup.
- Top cake with orange slices before drizzling with the syrup.
- You can either pour the syrup over the entire cake while it is warm or when you serve each individual slice.
Recipe: Courtesy of Tracey, ALDI Test Kitchen