Orange Almond Syrup Cake Recipe
How to Make an Orange Almond Syrup Cake
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced). Spray a 24cm springform cake pan with canola oil and line with baking paper.
- In a bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Add 4 beaten egg yolks and mix together.
- Add squeezed juice and rind of 1 orange. Sift in self raising flour and a pinch of salt. Add almond meal. Mix well.
- Pour into your pre-lined cake pan and bake for approximately 55 minutes.
- While your cake is baking, make your syrup.
- Mix the juice of 2 oranges and half a lemon and add into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. The liquid will thicken into a deliciously sweet and tangy, thick syrup.
- Top cake with orange slices before drizzling with the syrup.
- You can either pour the syrup over the entire cake while it is warm or when you serve each individual slice.
Recipe: Courtesy of Tracey, ALDI Test Kitchen