Peach Galette Recipe
How to Make Peach Galette
- Preheat oven 200°C (or 180°C for fan forced). Place baking paper on a large flat baking tray. Cut peaches in half and remove stones. Slice peaches thinly.
- Place in bowl and add maple syrup. In another bowl mix almond meal, flour, sugar and salt. Add the butter and rub into mix with fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add water gradually until the mix comes together.
- Wrap in cling wrap and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix crushed almond flakes and a quarter cup of sugar. Take pastry out of fridge and sit for 5 minutes.
- Flour bench and roll out pastry to about 25cm. Place on baking tray. Sprinkle three-quarters of the sugar almond mix over the base of the pastry.
- Starting 5cm in, lay the peaches in one layer, in concentric circles to the middle of the pastry. Fold the border of the pastry in towards the peaches and pinch the edges to seal.
- Sprinkle over remaining sugar almond mix. Brush the edges of the pastry with the melted butter and sprinkle 1 tbsp caster sugar over the butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and glaze with maple syrup. Let cool and serve with a dollop of double cream.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Colleen, ALDI Test Kitchen