Plum Sorbet Recipe
How to Make Plum Sorbet
- Put whole plums in a large pot with ½ cup of water, cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes. Stir, replace lid and simmer for a further 20 minutes. Remove lid and leave to cool down.
- In a separate small saucepan, bring remaining 1 cup of water and caster sugar to the boil, then turn down heat and simmer until sugar has dissolved into a sugar syrup.
- Remove sugar syrup from heat and leave to cool.
- Carefully tip plums and liquid into a colander placed over a large bowl. Press plums through colander. Discard stones.
- Add ¾ cup of the sugar syrup to bowl of plum pulp and stir. Tip mixture into shallow dish and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- When the granita is almost frozen solid, take a fork and scrape then whisk the mixture to create small ice crystals.
- Return to the freezer and again let it freeze for 1-2 hours until almost solid.
- Scrape and whisk again with a fork.
- Freeze overnight until ready to serve.