Strawberry Dessert Pizza Recipe
How to Make Strawberry Dessert Pizza
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C for fan forced ovens). Wash, hull and slice strawberries.
- To macerate the strawberries, place in a bowl and add sugar and orange juice, then set aside while you prepare the dough.
- To make the dough, place flour and salt into mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add warm water and mix ingredients together. Add olive oil last and mix well until a smooth dough is formed. Sprinkle some flour onto benchtop and knead dough. Roll the dough out on bench to form a thin, round pizza base.
- Brush dough base lightly with some olive oil or milk and place in oven and cook for approximately 15-18 minutes or until the dough is cooked.
- Remove and let cool before spreading generously with choc hazelnut spread. Place icing mixture in a sieve and dust over the whole base right to the edges.
- Drain excess liquid from the strawberries then cover the chocolate base with strawberries.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios and mint over the top.
If you are squeezed for time, you can substitute making the dough and use Lebanese bread as the base for the pizza. It will only require 3 minutes in the oven to crisp up.
Recipe: Courtesy of Kelly, ALDI Test Kitchen