Vegan Gingerbread Recipe
How to Make Vegan Gingerbread
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (or 150°C fan forced).
- Place flour, almond meal, ground ginger, baking powder and salt into a bowl and whisk well with a balloon whisk.
- In another bowl mix the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and vegetable oil together. Pour this mixture into the dry mix and combine well.
- Allow to rest for a while, then roll out to the thickness of approximately 1cm.
- With your chosen cutters, cut out 20 biscuits.
- Using a palette knife, transfer to lightly greased baking sheets – allowing a little space between them.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes – until the edges are just browning.
- Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to a wire rack, to cool completely.
- Using a fine sieve, dust with icing mixture before serving.
TIP: Can be stored in an airtight container.