Vegan Pavlova Recipe
How to Make Vegan Pavlova
- Drain liquid from chick peas into a jar or bowl and place in the fridge, along with the can of coconut cream, to chill overnight. Place chick peas in an airtight container and refrigerate for later use.
- Preheat oven to 150ºC (or 130ºC fan forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Use a stand mixer with a whisk attachment. Whisk chick pea liquid (called aquafaba) on medium for 5-8 minutes until the mixture forms soft peaks. Add slowly, one tablespoon of sugar at a time, while continuously whisking for another 15 minutes until stiff and glossy.
- During this time, prepare the oven tray with baking paper.
- Once timer goes off, whisk through the cornflour for a few minutes until it’s mixed completely through. Spoon the pavlova mixture onto the baking paper into a circular shape. The pavlova will spread and expand when baking.
- Reduce the heat to 100°C (80°C fan forced). Bake meringue in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meringue feels crisp and firm to touch.
- Open oven door slightly and allow pavlova to cool in the oven for 4 hours or overnight.
- To make the coconut cream, scrape out the set cream carefully from the can. Add vanilla extract and icing sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- To decorate the pavlova, peel the rockmelon very thinly, using a vegetable peeler and assemble into curls. Wash and dry the fruit pieces.
- Spread the coconut cream around the top of pavlova. Evenly decorate with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi fruit and rockmelon curls.