Watermelon and Strawberry Pavlova Recipe
How to Make Watermelon and Strawberry Pavlova
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (130°C fan-forced). Trace a 24cm circle onto a piece of baking paper and place it on a baking sheet.
- Place the egg whites into the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until soft peaks form.
- Add the caster sugar, a tablespoon at a time, untll the mixture is thick and glossy. Whisk for a further few minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved. You can test this by rubbing a small amount in between your thumb and forefinger. The mixture should be smooth, with no sugar crystals present.
- Gently fold in the vanilla extract, cornflour and vinegar until evenly combined. Spoon the mixture onto the 24cm circle, using a large spoon to create a neat, round mound.
- Place in the oven, then turn down to 100°C (90°C fan-forced). Cook for 1 hour and 45 minutes then switch the oven off. Allow it to cool in oven.
- Gently transfer the cooled pavlova to a platter or cake stand. Pile on the whipped cream and top with the watermelon slices and diced strawberries. Drizzle with strawberry topping and scatter the pistachios on top.
Tip: Using room temperature egg whites will create an airier pavlova.
Optional: Try substituting diced strawberries with raspberries, blackberries or blueberries.