Buttermilk Fried Chicken Burger
- Clean and tenderise each chicken thigh.
- Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan on medium-high heat, to fry the chicken thighs.
- Pour buttermilk into a bowl. In a separate bowl, add in flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Dredge thighs individually in the flour mixture, then into the buttermilk mixture and then back into the flour mixture.
- Carefully add chicken thighs into the hot oil and fry for 10-12 minutes, or until crispy, golden and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel.
- While chicken is cooking, mix cabbage, carrot, baby kale, red onion, beetroot and sesame seeds in a bowl. In a small separate bowl, mix lemon juice and mayonnaise. Add mayonnaise mix to vegetable mix and toss through to make coleslaw.
- To assemble burgers – place 1 tablespoon of spicy aioli on the bottom of each bun, then top with a crispy thigh, a handful of coleslaw and bun lid.
- Serve immediately.