Chicken, Mushroom & Spinach Pizza
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion (minced) and garlic then cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the onions are tender. Add the mixed herbs, parsley stems and oregano and cook, stirring often, for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes (chopped) and season with salt. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer gently uncovered, stirring occasionally,for about 50 minutes or until the tomatoes are very tender and have broken down to form a chunky sauce.
- When the sauce is done, remove the pan from the heat. Then remove and discard the parsley. Puree half of the sauce in a blender. Return the puree to the remaining sauce in the pan. Season to taste with pepper and basil leaves. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (or 180ºC for fan forced oven)
- Pour the napolitana sauce in a bowl.
- Cut the broccoli in florets and boil in salted water until medium cooked (al dente), stop the cooking process in ice water and reserve in a bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves.
- Dice the chicken breast, season with salt and cook in a fryingpan, medium heat, for 3 minutes, mixing. Reserve in separate bowls.
- Cut the ham in small dices.
- Chop the parsley, onion, garlic and olives and reserve in separate bowls. Slice the mushrooms and olives.
- Dice the capsicum
- Wash the baby spinach.
- Grate the cheddar cheese.
- Place the pizza base in a baking tray.
- Add the sauce, the shredded cheese, all the vegetables and your preferred meat (prepared chicken or ham). Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and the base is crunchy.
- Remove, season with parsley, cut in 4 pieces and serve.