Fish Tacos Recipe
How to Make Fish Tacos
- Defrost fish fillets in fridge overnight. Make the dressing first by combining sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, cumin in blender (If using chilli flakes, add now). Blend until smooth. Place the dressing in a sealed container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 150°C (or 130°C fan forced). Place hard taco shells on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until golden and crunchy. Wrap the soft tortillas in foil and, during the last 5 minutes of baking, place them in the oven with the hard shells (just to warm through). Turn oven off and leave door ajar. Leave tacos in oven until fish is ready.
- Pat fish dry. Lightly coat fish in flour and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a heavy based fry pan on medium-high heat.
- Cook fish in oil for 2 minutes or until golden. Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes. Once fish is cooked, remove from pan and set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Assemble tacos. Layer each taco with the slaw, salad leaves, corn, tomatoes, mango and avocado. Gently tear the fish into large chunks and lay on top of the taco fillings. Add dressing, season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice. Garnish with fresh chilli slices if desired.