Hash Brown Basket Recipe
How to Make Hash Brown Basket
- Preheat oven to 230°C (or 210°C fan forced). Defrost hash browns on kitchen bench for 10 minutes.
- Beat egg in a bowl. Crumble hash browns by hand and add to the bowl. Add salt and pepper to season. Add flour.
- Mix all ingredients together with hands ensuring it is all mixed well. Roll into 8 even balls.
- Lightly grease a cupcake tin. Press the balls into the cupcake tin, with the back of a spoon and mould to form a basket shape. Bake for 15-25 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly. Carefully remove from tin and set aside while you prepare filling.
- Dice and fry chorizo and set aside to cool down. Whisk the remaining eggs and stir in the parmesan cheese. Divide fried chorizo mixture amongst the cups then pour egg mixture over.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until the egg is just set.
- Sprinkle with fresh chives and serve.
Recipe: Courtesy of Colleen, ALDI Test Kitchen