Crispy Skin Salmon with Baked Leek and Spinach Risotto
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced).
- Slice the white part of the leek lengthways into sixths and finely chop. Finely chop onion. Crush garlic. Grate zest from lemon skin and cut lemon into 6 wedges. Finely grate the Grana Padano cheese. Defrost spinach, then drain and squeeze out any excess water.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 30g of butter in a large flame and oven-proof casserole dish with a lid, or large saucepan. Add onion and leek and cook for 5 minutes over medium-low heat until softened. Add lemon zest and garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add rice and stir to coat. Crumble in
stock cubes and add boiling water. Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and bake in oven for 35 minutes or until the rice
- Remove risotto from oven and squeeze in juice from 2 of the lemon wedges.
Stir through the remaining butter and ½ cup of the grated cheese. Season
- Remove half the risotto at this stage and reserve for Friday’s recipe.
- Warm spinach in a small saucepan over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Fold the warm spinach into the remaining risotto. Add a little boiling water if necessary, to keep the risotto moist.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the salmon with salt and cook skin side down for 3 minutes or until skin is crispy. Cook for another minute on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve the risotto in warm shallow dishes, topped with the salmon and lemon wedges. Serve with remaining cheese in a bowl for people to help themselves.
TIP: Garnish with fresh basil leaves.