Beef and Vegetable Pie with Green Beans and Roast Carrots
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1cm cubes. Cut the pumpkin into 1cm cubes.
- Steam or microwave the cubes of pumpkin and potato until tender. Set aside.
- Dice the onion. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add beef mince and brown over high heat. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Stir through cooked potato, pumpkin, dried oregano, beef stock, water and brown sugar. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked and tender.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Cool slightly.
- Peel the carrots and cut into halves. Slice carrots lengthways. Place carrots in a large bowl. Toss together with the oil, paprika and season with salt and black pepper. Place in a single layer on the prepared tray. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, spoon the meat mixture into 4 x 1 cup oven-safe ramekins or mini pie dishes. Cut each sheet of pastry in half. Brush one side with beaten egg and top with the other half of the pastry sheet. Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- While the pies and carrots are cooking, trim green beans and steam over boiling water for 2-3 minutes, or until just tender.
- Serve the beans with the pies and roasted carrots.
TIP: Garnish with fresh thyme.