Beef Eye Fillet Steaks with Hasselback Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan-forced). Drain artichokes, reserving oil.
- Place 1 potato on a chopping board. Cut a sliver off the base so that the potato sits flat. Using a sharp knife, cut thin, evenly spaced slices at 5mm intervals about two-thirds of the way through the potato. It should still hold together, so be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place hasselback potato on baking tray, season with salt and repeat with the other potatoes and bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Meanwhile, cut 4 x 120g steaks off the eye fillet (reserve remaining meat for Wednesday’s recipe). Rub the steaks with 2 teaspoons of the artichoke oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a chargrill or frying pan over high heat. Add steaks and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan and place on plate. Cover lightly and let the meat rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the artichoke hearts and toss with vinegar. Cut the broccoli into florets and steam over boiling water for approximately 3-4 minutes, until just tender crisp.
- Serve the steaks topped with the artichokes and accompany with 1 or 2 hasselback potatoes and broccoli.
TIP: Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs and serve with wholegrain or dijon mustard.