Korean Beef and Mushroom Lettuce Cups with Rice
- Cook rice following packet instructions. Keep warm while preparing the rest of the meal.
- Crush the garlic and combine with soy sauce, white sugar and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves. Slice the beef into strips and add to the sauce mixture to coat the meat completely. Marinate meat in bowl for 15 minutes.
- Slice the onion and the mushrooms. Heat a large frying pan. Add oil and cook onion over medium heat for 3 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes or until cooked. Remove onion and mushroom mixture from pan.
- Reheat the pan over high heat. Add a little more oil and lift the beef from the marinade and add to pan. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Add remaining marinade. Return onion and mushrooms to pan and stir to combine over high heat. Set aside.
- Place a few lettuce leaves on each plate. Top with the beef and mushroom mixture. Serve with white rice and grated carrot.
TIP: If garnishing with sesame seeds, lightly dry fry in a pan for 3-5 minutes, moving continuously so they don’t burn. Sprinkle over the rice and serve.