Black Bean and Vegetable Loaded Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Rinse sweet potatoes in cold water. Sprinkle with salt and place on baking tray. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until tender.
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar, mustard and 1 teaspoon of sugar in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper. Cut the stems from the kale and shred. Add to bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Thinly slice green beans on the diagonal. Steam for 1-2 minutes over boiling water. Cool in cold water, drain and add to kale mixture.
- Finely chop the spring onions, quarter the tomatoes and crumble the feta. Grate the carrots. Reserve.
- Slice onion, rinse and drain the black beans. Combine paprika, cumin and bbq spice in a small bowl.
- Heat 3 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the spice mixture and cook for 1 minute stirring. Add the black beans, tomato passata, grated carrot, remaining sugar, remaining vinegar and ½ cup water. Cook, stirring over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Thinly slice the apple and add to kale salad. Place cooked sweet potatoes on 4 plates and cut a split in the top of each. Squeeze open and fill with bean mixture. Sprinkle with the spring onions, feta and tomatoes. Serve with the kale and apple salad.