Leek Risotto Cakes with Roast Pumpkin and Aioli
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel and de-seed the pumpkin and cut into 1cm cubes. Combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and black pepper in a small bowl, reserve.
- Place the pumpkin on baking tray and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, break the eggs into a shallow bowl, season with salt and pepper and lightly beat with a fork. Place the breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Divide the risotto mixture into 16 portions and with damp hands form into ‘cakes’. Dip each cake into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs. Place on the baking tray.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and pan-fry the risotto cakes in batches for 2 minutes on each side or until golden and heated through. Place on warm serving plates and serve with the roasted pumpkin. Drizzle over the aioli.
- Toss the salad mix with the dressing and serve with the risotto cakes.
TIP: Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve with lemon wedges.