Moroccan Chicken & Olives
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Cut the chicken into 4 quarters, leaving the backbone in. Slice the onion. Grate the zest from the orange and juice the orange, grate the zest from the lemon and cut into 4 wedges.
- Heat a heavy-based, ovenproof casserole dish over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and cook the chicken pieces for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat or until softened. Add the garlic, tomato paste and spices and cook for 1 minute. Add the diced tomatoes, orange and lemon rind, olives, crumbled stock cubes and half a cup of water and bring to the boil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and place in oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Take chicken from pan and keep warm. Place the pan on the stovetop and rapidly boil the cooking liquids for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- When the chicken has nearly finished cooking, place the couscous in a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and a pinch of salt. Pour over 1 cup of boiling water and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stand for 5 minutes, fluff up with a fork.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of couscous and spoon over the sauce. Place rocket and spinach mixture in a serving bowl and toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
TIP: Garnish with fresh dill.