Orange, Ginger and Honey Roast Chicken with Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan-forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cut the chicken into 8 pieces, discarding the backbone. Zest and juice 1 orange and cut the other into 8 wedges. Slice the onion. Finely grate the ginger and garlic. Finely shred the Brussels sprouts.
- Place chicken and wedges in a large mixing bowl and combine with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, orange zest, juice, ginger, garlic and soy sauce. Season with salt and black pepper. Mix well until chicken is coated.
- Place the orange wedges on 1 baking tray and reserve. Place the chicken on the other baking tray and cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes, basting with cooking juices once or twice during cooking, or until golden and cooked. Add the tray of orange wedges to the oven for the final 10 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, add the macaroni to a large saucepan of boiling, salted water and cook for 6-7 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 30ml of the pasta water and set the water aside. Return pasta to saucepan to keep warm.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the butter and 2 tablespoons of oil and cook the onion and sprouts, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until onion is soft and sprouts tender and slightly golden.
- Add reserved pasta water to macaroni and fold in the cooked onion and sprouts. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve with the chicken and orange wedges.
TIP: Garnish with fresh basil leaves.