Roast Pumpkin Soup with Cheese Pastry Scrolls
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan-forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Chop the pumpkin into 2cm cubes and place on tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until nearly tender and golden.
- Place 2 sheets of puff pastry, plastic sheet side down, onto a clean work surface. Spread with tomato paste. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle over cheese. Starting from one side, roll up the pastry, enclosing the cheese.
- Cut each roll into 8 slices and gently push back into a circular shape. Place cut-side up on baking tray and brush with remaining egg. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, dice the onion. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm cubes and add potatoes, water and stock cubes to the saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender. Add the roasted pumpkin and cook for 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool slightly, then blend with a stick blender or in food processor. Rinse and drain chick peas, then fold through.
- Spoon the soup into warm bowls and swirl through a tablespoon of cream into each.
- Serve with cheese pastry scrolls.
TIP: Garnish with chopped parsley or chives from your garden.