Chicken and Plum Tray Bake with Smashed Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper for the potatoes.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into quarters and trim the green beans. Crush the garlic.
- Combine hoisin and soy sauces and garlic in a large bowl. Season with black pepper. Cut chicken into 8 pieces (discarding backbone) and toss through hoisin mixture. Place chicken pieces in large baking dish in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes.
- Halve the plums and remove the stones. Add plums to the baking tray, cut-side up and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and plums soft. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes before serving.
- As soon as you have put the chicken into the oven to cook, boil the potato pieces in salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes until just tender, then drain.
- Place potatoes on a baking tray and lightly squash with a potato masher or fork. Drizzle with remaining oil and season with salt and black pepper. Bake in oven along with the chicken for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Remove chicken and increase oven temperature to 220°C (or 200°C fan-forced). Cook potatoes for another 5 minutes to get them extra crisp.
- Lightly steam the green beans over boiling water for approximately 3-4 minutes until bright and tender. Serve alongside the chicken, plums and potatoes.
TIP: Garnish the chicken with fresh rosemary sprigs.