Parmesan Cauliflower Steaks, Pumpkin Mash and Crispy Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan-forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Chop the potatoes into 1cm cubes and toss in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season with salt and black pepper and place onto one of the prepared trays. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Remove the leaves of the cauliflower, leaving the cores intact. Cut 2 x 1.5cm thick steaks from the centre of each cauliflower. (Reserve the offcuts for cauliflower rice for Thursday’s recipe.)
- Mix remaining oil and paprika in a small bowl. Sprinkle the grana padano cheese onto the second baking tray, in 4 rough shapes the size of the cauliflower steaks. Press the cauliflower steaks onto the cheese and lightly brush the top side with the paprika oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the underneath cheese crust is golden and the cauliflower steaks are tender.
- While the cauliflower and potatoes are cooking, cut the pumpkin into 3cm pieces and steam over boiling water for 6-10 minutes, or until tender. Drain and add the butter. Mash using a potato masher or fork until smooth. Add a little milk if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the pumpkin puree between 4 plates. Add cauliflower steaks on the top of puree. Add crispy potatoes and shredded baby cos lettuce.
TIP: Serve with lime wedges and coriander.