Zucchini Bruschetta Bites
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced oven)
- Place zucchini on a paper towel and season with ¼ teaspoon salt. Allow to sit 5 minutes. Flip the zucchini over and repeat.
- Pat zucchini dry. Dredge each piece in flour, then egg, and finally bread crumbs. (Use stale gluten free bread in your food processor to make fine breadcrumbs)
- Lay breaded zucchini on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spray the tops of the zucchini with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, mozzarella and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Allow zucchini to cool on a wire rack. Add basil to tomato mixture. Top each piece of zucchini with 1 teaspoon of tomato mixture.