Mango & Vanilla Popsicles
Mango Ice Cream:
- Remove the mango flesh from the fruit, and place into a blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Puree until smooth (about a minute) and then chill in the freezer in a large plastic container with a lid.
- After 1 hour remove from the freezer and stir, and then return to the freezer for another 4 hours or until set.
Vanilla Ice Cream:
- After 1 hour, remove from the freezer and stir, and then return to the freezer for another 4 hours or until set.
- Pour 1 cup of cream into a medium saucepan, and add the sugar and salt. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean pod into the saucepan, and add the pod to the pot. Warm over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat; add the remaining 1 cup cream, milk and the vanilla extract. Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- Once mixture is chilled and ready to churn, remove the vanilla bean and then freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
To make the popsicles, use a teaspoon to make the bottom layer of mango. Return to the freezer to set slightly (for 1 hour), then spoon in a layer of vanilla. Allow the vanilla layer to set before filling up the rest with more mango. Insert a paddle pop stick into the centre, then freeze overnight for best results. Dip the popsicles in warm water to remove them from the molds & serve.
*Recipe courtesy of Australian Mangoes