Chilli, Lime & Garlic Chicken Recipe
How to Make Chilli, Lime & Garlic Chicken
- In a small bowl mix together chilli, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Dice onion, slice spring onion. Zest and slice whole lime.
- Heat butter and oil in heavy-based pan and coat chicken in the dry seasoning mix. Once oil/butter are heated, add chicken to the pan and seal both sides of the chicken until brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and minced garlic to the pan and stir for around 2 minutes. Then add chicken stock, brown sugar, wine, lime juice and zest. Bring this to the boil and then reduce heat. Immediately return chicken to the pan to continue cooking.
- Let chicken and sauce simmer for around 20 minutes until sauce reduces and thickens slightly. Continue spooning sauce over chicken during this process.
- Garnish dish with sliced limes and sprinkle with shallots and parsley. Enjoy served with rice.
Recipe: Courtesy of Kelly, ALDI Test Kitchen