Cottage Pie Recipe
How to Make Cottage Pie
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, celery, carrots and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, until browned. Add tomato paste and red wine. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add parsley and stir.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (or 180ºC for fan forced oven).
- Meanwhile bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 15 minutes with the lid on. Put the butter and milk into a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. When tender, drain and mash potatoes, add the warm butter milk mixture to potatoes and stir though parmesan, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon cottage pie mixture into large capacity ovenproof dishe. Top with mashed potato. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately and enjoy
RECIPE: Courtesy of Jeanette, ALDI Test Kitchen