Ham Hock and Zucchini Noodle Soup Recipe
How to Make Ham Hock and Zucchini Noodle Soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add ham hock, stock and water, cover pan and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, partially cover and gently simmer, turning ham hock a few times, for 1½ hours or until flesh is very tender.
- Remove ham hock to a plate. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, add carrot, celery, parsley, potato and turmeric to the stock mixture. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and gently simmer for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove flesh from ham hock and shred (discard bone and any fat). Add shredded ham and beans to the soup mixture.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until at desired consistency. Stir through zucchini noodles. Season with pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with extra parsley and serve with chargrilled sourdough bread.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Australian Pork