Lamb Shank Korma Recipe
How to Make Lamb Shank Korma
- Toss lamb shanks in flour, turmeric, garlic and curry powder. Shake off excess.
- Heat frying pan, add olive oil and sear off lamb shanks until golden. Transfer the lamb to a slow cooker*, pour over simmer sauce and cook for 2 hours on high.
- Add sweet potato and continue cooking for another hour on high or until potatoes are soft and the lamb is tender and falls off the bone.
- Toss prepared rice with turmeric and toasted almonds. Divide the rice amongst 4 bowls.
- To serve: top each bowl with a lamb shank and sweet potato and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with coriander and serve with warm naan bread.
*If you dont have a slow cooker, you could use a heavy-based ‘cook and serve’ style pan (we recommend 28cm pan). Cook on a low heat for this method.
Recipe: Courtesy of Tracey, ALDI Test Kitchen