Pork Meatball Parmigiana Recipe
How to Make Pork Meatball Parmigiana
- To make meatballs, combine pork mince, 3 cloves crushed garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan and lemon rind in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Using ¼ cup mince mixture per meatball, roll into balls. Place on a tray, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C for fan-forced ovens). Heat oil in a large deep ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs in batches, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until evenly browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion and remaining 2 cloves crushed garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in tomato passata and bring to boil.
- Add meatballs back into the pan. Stir to coat in tomato mixture. Cover and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve with a leafy green salad and crusty bread.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Australian Pork