Roast Beef Fillet with Mushrooms Recipe
How to Make Roast Beef Fillet with Mushrooms
- Watch our video on how to make this meal.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan forced). Tie the beef with short pieces of string at 5cm intervals (you can also get your butcher to do this).
- Brush the beef lightly with oil and sear all over in a medium-high, non-stick frypan until evenly browned. Season and brush the combined garlic, thyme and mustard over beef.
- Place the beef in a roasting dish, toss the onions around the meat, coating lightly in a little oil.
- Roast for 45-60 minutes for rare, 60-75 minutes for medium, or 75-90 minutes for well done. For ease and accuracy use a meat thermometer.
- Remove beef, cover it loosely with foil and rest it in a warm place for 10-20 minutes, before carving across the grain.
- Meanwhile, heat a lightly oiled grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Cook the eggplant, pumpkin and mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until charred and tender.
- Whisk the tahini, honey and lemon juice in small bowl to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the beef with the onions, char-grilled vegetables sprinkled with sesame seeds, tahini dressing and green beans.
Recipe: Courtesy of Australian Beef.