Roasted Pumpkin & Garlic Soup Recipe
How to Make Roasted Pumpkin & Garlic Soup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Place the pumpkin on two large baking trays, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the pumpkin for 1 hour, or until soft.
- Roughly chop the onion, carrot and cook in pot with a drizzle of olive oil until softened. Add vegetable stock, water and simmer while pumpkin is baking.
- Add garlic to pumpkin tray and cook for 20 minutes.
- Scoop out pumpkin seeds and disregard.
- Scoop out remainder pumpkin being careful not to get the skin, and add to stock. Squeeze roasted garlic into stock ensuring skin is not added.
- Blend and add cream.
- Season to taste and top with optional garnishes.
Serve immediately, with your favourite crusty bread.